ACS CERM 2019 Instagram Contest
How do you use science in everyday life? Upload a photo to your page and enter for a chance to win!
To enter the contest:
1) Follow @CERM2019
2) Upload an original photo
3) Write a 1-3 sentence caption explaining why science matters in everyday life
4) Use hashtag #CERM2019
5) Be between ages 12 and 18 and have your parent/guardian’s permission
No purchase necessary. One entry per person. US contestants only. The contest period will run from Friday, May 17 at 11:59 p.m. until Friday, June 21 at 11:59 p.m. Entrant has a chance to win:
- Grand Prize: $200 Amazon gift card
- First Runner-up: $100 Amazon gift card
- Second Runner-up: $50 Amazon gift card
- Watch for your name to be tagged by us for random gift drawings!
Official Contest Rules
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at Instagram.com/CERM2019 and who are 12 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday, May 17 at 11:59 p.m. until Friday, June 21 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by Friday, June 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry on Instagram. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive: $200 grand prize, $100 first-runner up prize, $50 third-runner up prize. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined byThe Central Region of the American Chemical Society. No other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Your name or likeness will not be used by the 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society in publications as a winner.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Random winners will be selected under the supervision of 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society. Winner will be notified by private message on Instagram within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST ORGANIZERS) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Central Region of the American Chemical Society.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society.
- The Campaign hosted by 2019 Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.